[argyllcms] Re: Argyll and Eizo monitors: are you aware of the Eilin project?

  • From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:04:43 +0400

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Ben Goren wrote:

> Have you recently tried contacting any manufacturers to see if they'd be
> willing to provide you with reference / development equipment? I'd think
> that, by now, Argyll and you should have a sufficient reputation that only
> those manufacturers who object to that sort of thing on principle would turn
> you away.
>
> If it helps...I'm thinking of buying a quality wide gamut display; Eizo is
> obviously on the short list; and my interest in anything drops to
> imperceptible levels if I can't put it to full use with Argyll. And I'm sure
> I can't be alone.

Good luck with that :)

Craig Ringer tried getting them to grant him rights releasing anything
created using knowledge obtained from their SDK, and they insisted
that he signed a highly restrictive NDA.

Of course, it was around 2008, but I wouldn't expect their management
to suddenly change their minds by 180 degrees.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org