[argyllcms] Re: Argyll and Eizo monitors: are you aware of the Eilin project?

  • From: "alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx" <alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:24:58 +0100 (CET)

Ben, I completely agree with you. Though, Eizo may not be willing to
provide help as they sell ColorNavigator for certain monitors (e.g.,
the CX serie does not have ColorNavigator in the bundle).

Graeme, I
understand the problem and this is the reason why I was suggesting
looking at the Eirin project: they are already developing an interface
for the Eizo monitors. If they can support LUT control, then Argyll may
be able to use it during the calibration process (I know I am
oversimplifying things a bit, though :-)). I am also available in
supporting the development of anything that goes in this direction (and
I do have an Eizo wide-gamut monitor).

Best,
        Alberto

>>> Wouldn't
it be nice to exploit the Eilin project to also enable the use
>>> of
the monitor HW LUT? The link to the project page is the following:

http://sourceforge.net/p/eilin/home/Home

>> Without a suitable
monitor to test & develop on, it's a bit difficult to
>> support.

Have you recently tried contacting any manufacturers to see if they'd
be
> willing to provide you with reference / development equipment?
I'd think that,
> by now, Argyll and you should have a sufficient
reputation that only those
> manufacturers who object to that sort of
thing on principle would turn you away.

> If it helps...I'm thinking
of buying a quality wide gamut display; Eizo is
> obviously on the
short list; and my interest in anything drops to imperceptible

levels if I can't put it to full use with Argyll. And I'm sure I can't
be alone.

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di
uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un
amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/