[argyllcms] Re: Argyll and Eizo monitors: are you aware of the Eilin project?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:12:29 -0700

On Mar 21, 2013, at 6:36 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to exploit the Eilin project to also enable the use
>> of the monitor HW LUT? The link to the project page is the following:
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/eilin/home/Home
>
> Without a suitable monitor to test & develop on, it's a bit difficult to
> support.

Have you recently tried contacting any manufacturers to see if they'd be
willing to provide you with reference / development equipment? I'd think that,
by now, Argyll and you should have a sufficient reputation that only those
manufacturers who object to that sort of thing on principle would turn you away.

If it helps...I'm thinking of buying a quality wide gamut display; Eizo is
obviously on the short list; and my interest in anything drops to imperceptible
levels if I can't put it to full use with Argyll. And I'm sure I can't be alone.

Cheers,

b&