[argyllcms] Re: Argyll and Eizo monitors: are you aware of the Eilin project?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 23:38:23 +1100

alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I saw some discussion on this ML about Eizo monitors and Argyll
> on the past. I have just come across a project named Eilin.

Hi,
        I had a brief look at the code. As it stands, it isn't very
useful. It is only operating via USB - most displays use DDC to
communicate. It only implements user type controls (ie.
brightness, contrast etc.), not LUT or matrix loading.

There is/was a Linux project that covered similar ground,
and even used DDC and supported a larger number of displays:
<http://ddccontrol.sourceforge.net/>

What's missing in either of them is any information about how to
access advanced features of the high end displays.

Being able to logically connect the DDC port with the display
is also an issue, since the X11 server doesn't provide access to
the DDC port.