[argyllcms] Re: Argyll CMS in Fedora (and Mandriva)

  • From: Ludovico Fischer <ranucel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 00:12:57 +0100

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:46 +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Likely the Eye-One Pro will be the device that gives problems,
> since it is the one that needs to have two threads accessing
> different USB end points. The problems occur when the i1pro switch
> read thread transaction times out.
>
> Graeme Gill.

Well, I've compiled a version of Argyll on Ubuntu Alpha using all the
patches from Nicolas Mailhot, ad the last patch from Graeme Gill. If I
try to use it with the Eye One Pro rev D:
- I plug the instrument in
-dispread -?
Set communication port from the following list (default 1)
    1 = 'usb:/bus0/dev0 (GretagMacbeth i1 Pro)'
-dispcal -r
dispcal: Error - Configuring USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev0 (GretagMacbeth i1
Pro)' to 1 failed with -1 (could not set config 1: Operation not
permitted)
-I then run it as root and I can start the measurement normally.
-after this, the output of ./dispcal -r (non root) becomes
dispcal: Error - icoms - set_ser_port: port number out of range!
-while as root, I get the familiar
dispcal: Error - tcgetattr failed with 'Input/output error'
Now to be able to run a measurement 'normally' (as root) again, I have
to either:
-unplug and plug the USB cable in again
- run sudo dispcal -r a number of times until it stops giving the
tgeattr error; sometimes it's only twice, sometimes six; I can't
uderstand this; maybe it's a function of the time between tries?

Maybe I made a mistake in compiling; why do I have to run as root?

Neverthless, it still works better than the software supplied with the
instrument, which for some reason keeps crashing on my Mac (no Leopard).
I'll try a printer next :-)

Ludovico Fischer