[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating a digital photo frame

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:41:25 +1100

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:
I started to calibrate the photo frame, but I have a workflow issue, because it is totally dumb: as soon as I plug the usb cable, it enters in a special mode, when no image is displayed. I can then mount it as a key (well, the internal memory is much like a floppy than a disk, without any valid partition!), transfert the image, but to display it, I have to disconnect the usb cable, and use the remote control to go in display mode... What a mess!

Rather unfortunate.

I would like to know if the patches generated by dispread are always the same each time I call it, or is it like with dispcal, where patches are computed in real time, depending of the previous meaasure?

They will always be the same. In fact, apart from a possible first
white patch (needed to set the refresh synchronization for a CRT), they
will simply be the values in the .ti1 file.

If you want to do this manually, then printread -e would (almost)
do what you want. I say almost, because the display measurement mode
actually normalizes the white reading to Y = 100 and records
the absolute brightness elsewhere, whereas -e simply saves
the absolute brightness. printread is also missing the -y option
to set the display type.

If I can generate all patches, download them to the photo frame, and then display them in the right order during calibration process, it will be easier.

You'd have to use the shell callout to synchronize the readings I think.