[argyllcms] Re: Argyll CMS in Fedora (and Mandriva)

  • From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:35:53 +0100

Le vendredi 21 décembre 2007 à 23:49 -0800, C a écrit :

Supposing the legal problems are resolved…

> I notice that some of ArgyllCMS's calculations can be a bit
> CPU intensive.  I wonder if the following compilation options
> could be of help in performance:

Unless there is a clear demonstrated gain (~ 10%) there is no point
experimenting with flags other than the distribution default which have
been approved by the gcc developers @rh and tested on multiple packages
and architectures.

> It might be a relatively easy way to parallelize some of the compute intensive
> tasks across multiple CPU cores without a lot of code development overhead,
> and
> without breaking the compilation on compilers / CPUs that don't support
> OpenMP or multi-cores.

Will there still be any general-purpose mono-core processor on the
market in 3 years?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot