[argyllcms] Re: Argyll CMS in Fedora (and Mandriva)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:16:28 +1100

Ludovico Fischer wrote:

-unplug and plug the USB cable in again
- run sudo dispcal -r a number of times until it stops giving the
tgeattr error; sometimes it's only twice, sometimes six; I can't
uderstand this; maybe it's a function of the time between tries?

There's a problem with closing the USB port for the i1pro rev. D
Once it's been used once, it needs to be unplugged and
re-plugged. I don't know why this is (something funny about
the i1pro rev D, and the Linux USB driver not coping gracefully
with it), and I don't know why my workaround (which is to reset
the USB port when the application closes the device, rather
than closing it) doesn't work on Fedora/Mandriva. It certainly
works on RH4. Perhaps there has been some regression in the Linux
USB driver ? [I'm not in a position to debug this. Perhaps
someone else is ? ]

If you run Argyll on an OS X or MSWindows box, then you won't have
this problems.