[argyllcms] Re: Argyll CMS in Fedora (and Mandriva)

  • From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:19:13 +0100

Le samedi 22 décembre 2007 à 02:24 -0800, C a écrit :

> The PID+VID is correct AKAIK, and here's more information on the setup
> my system is generating.

Note that the unbinding problem will go away because:
1. the huey is going to be blacklisted in the linux hid kernel module in
2.6.25 at least
2. a fix was posted to the argyll code that requested the unbinding
(didn't have the time to look it up though)

I'm more worried about the bad permission problem. I know it works for
my device in Fedora devel, it's supposed to work on F8 as released (but
at this point it may be unreasonable to push argyll as an F8 update —
the whole F9 devel cycle may be necessary to hammer out problems).

How current is your Linux system? Policikit is quite new and PolicyKit
files won't work in pre-Fedora 8 releases.

--
Nicolas Mailhot