[amayausers] Re: spoilage or damaged embroidery items

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:35:46 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/68.html#000002

'Industry standard' for Ad Specialty companies is anywhere from 5% to 10% (+ or
-) to fulfill an order-many companies will actually charge EXTRA fee to give
you 'exact quantity' ordered.
I have ALWAYS ordered extras on shirts and sweatshirts and hats since you never
know what will go wrong-and there is always a customer coming through the door
that only needs 1 or 2 and can pick from your 'backstock'. I also have some
screenprinting customers (lawn mowing service, contractor, etc.) that come in
every spring and I give them 10% to just pull from my 'in-stock' odds and ends
for their order-so I can clean it out.
Jackets, expensive stuff-no, too much$$ to buy extras, but I do plenty of 'test
sewouts' before I throw a jacket in a hoop.
When I send stuff up to Dick and Pat for them to do, I always order to the next
'half dozen' or 'dozen' quantity and they will run to the exact order and send
me the left overs. So if they screw up one, they have the replacement right
there. I don't pay for the sewing on screwups, just the replacement.
Since they aren't marking up or supplying the 'product', there isn't as much to
'eat' on my end.
And you should ALWAYS build in a markup over cost just to cover screwups-at
least add 10% to your normal markup!
Small quantities-you should at least be making double the cost of the goods,
plus freight, plus another 10%...