[amayausers] Re: auto actifeed & puckering/tightness-again

  • From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:53:37 -0700

Sandra,
I know we've chatted before, but can't remember how long you've been
using the AMAYA, but here's a very basic idea.  I discovered hooping is
huge. You might be hooping knits too tightly. I found I was going past
the perfect tension on the garment and it was too tight. So the knit was
stretched while sewing and then when taken out of the hoop it rebounded
and tightened the design. The top hoop should slide into the bottom hoop
with very little effort. Too much effort means the hoop is too tight.
Too little effort means its too loose. I never pull on a knit in the
hoop if it looks loose. I always rehoop. Just some thoughts.

 I think you're on the right track by looking at your densities. Do you
use underlay? I usually put a zig zag underlay on most of my knits, that
way I can use a bigger number (less dense ) on top and still get the
coverage I need.

Cheryl Rotter
Team Sports Ink
5111 Grumann Dr. Ste #1B