[amayausers.com] Re: Thread breaks.

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 23:37:23 UT

This message was posted by Chris & Cindy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/847/2.html#000020

I use thread nets on 60 weight thread only.  The 60 weight seems to accumulate
around the bottom of the spool when not in use.  They are great for that
purpose but I don't recommend them for 40 weight because I think they cause
thread breaks once in a while.

Also if you have a coated (black) rotary hook it may be worn out.  When you get
loud and frequent thread breaks you may need to replace your hook assembly with
the newer version.  Stay away from the coated version because the coating wears
off over time.