[amayausers.com] Re: Thread breaks.

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:42:44 UT

This message was posted by mtgraphix on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/847/2.html#000019

Tracey, I've been there before, and still have days like that sometimes!!  Here
are a few things that have worked for me in the past, and these are what I
usually start with when I have a problem:

In your software, make sure your column width is not too high - it will "clog"
up small letters if it's set too thick.

Check your density - if you are using Design Shop software, there will be a
code sheet link in your lettering properties that usually suggests a density
setting for the style of lettering you are using.  That should address the
bobbin thread showing (at least it has fixed it for me in the past)

Try a different Actifeed setting

Change your needle, sometimes they get a little burr in them

check your clearance between the needle and the needle basket - your manual
should walk you through it, look under "Hook Timing" because part of setting
the hook timing consists of checking the needle clearance.

Make sure your presser foot is set correctly

Swear a little. . . or a lot ;p

Good luck, hope this helps!

Judy