[amayausers.com] Re: Thread breaks.

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:15:18 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/847.html#000001

Please sign a name so we know who we are addressing :-)
There are many things we need to know:
1. What type of fabric are you sewing on?
2. What type of backing are you using?
3. Is the garment and stabilizer or fabric hooped good and taut?
4. What type and size needle are you using?
5. Are they inserted the right direction with groove down the front and little
indention or scarf to the back?
6. If you were to look with a magnifying glass, is the groove straight forward
or 5-10 degrees to the right and ABSOLUTELY not to the left?
7. How high is your presser foot?
8. What size cones of thread are you using--if 1,000 meter, are you using the
coaster under them?
9. Is there a chance that the thread is wrapped around the spindle anywhere?
10. Are the cones tall? Are the thread tubes pushed all the way up so that they
are approximately 1/2 inch above the top of the cone?
11. Is the machine properly lubricated and oiled?
12. Are you using sticky spray (if so, try not to)?
13. What speed are you sewing at?
14. What design are you sewing--who digitized it?
15. Is the bobbin inserted correctly?
16. Have you taken a corner of a sheet of paper and cleaned under the leaf
spring on the bobbin to make sure there is no wax or lint there?
17. Is there a possibility that there is thread in behind the threadfeed
rollers?
18. Is the machine threaded properly?
19. Is the machine new or used?
20. How is the hook timing?
21. Could there be a nic or scratch on the retaining finger?

These are just the first things I would check.  If all these are good, then
hoop up three pieces of a good cutaway stabilizer and try sewing AMPASS.  That
designs is a test design and should sew at 1200 stitches per minute with less
than 3 threadbreaks.  Be sure the stabilizer is hooped nice and flat and taut.

If AMPASS sews well, then you have a design issue.

I am sure if Rod were here he would ask more questions.  These are just the
ones that I would immediately look for.
Sharon Springer