[amayausers] Slim Line System vs. Fast Frames

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:54:46 -0600

We have all the fast frames and both the large and small clamping system.
We have used the fast frames on everything from large gym bags to sides of
difficult to hoop flex fit caps.  I have found that it depends on where we
purchase the sticky backing from as to how well they work.  Some backing
isn't as sticky as others. We used the pantleg size fast frame to embroidery
names down the sleeves of college sweatshirts at Christmastime and it worked
extremely well.

We use the clamping system all the time to verify designs after digitizing
and it gets into small areas that otherwise are difficult to get a hoop such
as bags.  I just finished a fleece vest left side with an 8 x 5 inch design
and it worked wonderfully well with the large clamping system.  So far, I
have experienced absolutely no slippage of the garment in the clamping
system. The only drawback I see so far is to get a Carhartt jacket back on
it, there is no place for the excess fabric to go toward the rear.

My point is, we have all of them and they each one have their place and use.
Sharon