[amayausers] Re: Slim Line System vs. Fast Frames

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 00:04:18 EDT

I have both and they both will have their uses but I must admit, if i  can
use the clamping system, I will. The fast frame requires you use sticky  paper
which can gum up your needles (although the last time I used it with the  new
yellow rollers & actifeed system, I had very little sticky needle  problems;
i.e. thread breaks). The clamp is much faster as well with not having  to
re-apply the sticky paper; it's also cheaper because you don't have to use
sticky
paper. Depending on the item/fabric, I won't use any backing either. I'm
getting ready to do 40 tote bags and I am so glad I have the clamp; they're not

easily hooped and sticky paper doesn't hold the weight that well so you have to

watch it while stitching (I would try to use paper clamps on the sides but
that's only marginally effective). I only have one "hoop" for the clamp system
at this point but may get more as time goes by. The fast frames still may
reach  some areas that the clamp won't so as I said, they both have their uses.
Hope  this helps. Good Luck!

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

PS - Debbie (_drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) ), this is
the system  I did the backs of those PortFlex caps a couple of months ago that
I meant to  email you but never looked up the name. The base system and one
hoop costs about  $300.

In a message dated 5/9/2006 6:53:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lisa.griswold@xxxxxxxxx writes:

We have  a new Amaya XT.  We've just been introduced to Fast Frames and the
Slim  Line Clamping System.  They both look very interesting and useful, but
does anyone have any opinion as to which system is better?  What are the  pros
and cons of each?  What can and cannot be used in these hoops?   It is very
tempting to purchase one of these, but prices are high and  knowledge is low!
Please help!

Lisa  Griswold
Impressions
Do You  Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection  around
http://mail.yahoo.com