[amayausers] Re: False Bobbin Breaks

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:17:09 -0600

Russell,

It is being found that in some cases or environments that static electricity
is affecting the false thread/bobbin break issue. Do you have or see a
stitic build-up around your machine?

I have been installing a small wire spring  from the left mounting screw of
the thread break sensor to the round cylindrical tube of the sensor. Melco
has these in stock and they are easy to install on the machine. This tends
to ground out the " ESD", (electro static discharge) and help in a lot of
cases where constant false bobbin breaks are occurring.

Some very good friends of ours in Vermont that has 12 Amayas and one of them
started giving him constant thread break issues. They also run a large
screen print business with a huge dryer so the environment stays very dry
and there is quite a lot of static build up at times. One day as an
experiment he decided to ground out the thread break sensor by putting his
finger on the side of the thread break sensor. As long as he left his finger
on the sensor, no false bobbin breaks, take his finger off and within 30
seconds he would get a repeat false bobbin break, Not very scientific, but
the pattern was there. So he installed the small wire clips (ESD) and the
false bobbin break issue was resolved.

 Might be worth a try.

Rod Springer

Embroidery Cottage