[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya XT Machine

  • From: "Kushnerick" <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:14:13 -0700

Kathy

Somewhere I once read that a large majority [something like 80%] of those
who get into the commercial embroidery business are ready to quit after a
year or two. I say this not to discourage you but instead to encourage you
to look at the business realistically.

Unfortunately many who start an embroidery business go into it with
unrealistic expectations [customers lined up, just pushing a button and the
machine does all the work, money rolling in, etc.]. Truth is for most people
it takes a good business plan, hard work, plenty of managing skills,
considerable embroidery knowledge and a good customer base to build a
successful embroidery business.

Does this mean you should not purchase a commercial embroidery machine ...
no. It simply means that if you go into the business with your eyes wide
open, know what to expect and you are honest with your business plan, the
chances of succeeding increase considerably.

Regardless of which machine[s] you are looking at, make after sales service
and tech support a big part of your decision on which machine to buy. If you
have a GOOD dealer / tech located near you, that can be a huge bonus.

Know exactly what the warranties cover and more important, know what the
warranty DOES NOT cover [some are surprised at this].

Ask about machine training and training costs [if they are not free].

I think for most embroiderer's it will be difficult to make a living with a
single head but if you can tap into niche markets or if your customer base
will support higher prices, it may be possible.

Good luck

Bob