[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya XT Machine

  • From: Sandi Tschetter <stitchworks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:44:13 -0600

I use mine when needed. I have found to use it upside down. I always use it for
the bobbin threads.And if you use backing it works much better.

Sandi
stitchworks@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 06:53:00 -0800From: lastczar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya XT MachineTo: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have to agree with Roland on the Peggy's.  Bought one a month after getting
into this business and it has only succeeded in cutting about 10 garments.  I
have yet to successfully get any stitching out without cutting the garment.
Mine came with no instructions but i didn't think it was necessary.

if anybody else is successful, please tell me what i am doing wrong.  Mine just
sits in a box.

Tom
Mr. Sew & Sew"Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning Kathy...
from the 'business' side of things, get the machine before the end of '07-
so that you can use whatever deductions possible to offset the severance
package which raises your income level.
A 'lease' program is 100% deductible, buying it outright is not-you have
to amortize it over many years and you can't write it 'all' off.
As for the lease-get it with the $1 buyout option-do NOT go for 10% or anything
else for 'final payment' because that is 10% of your ORIGINAL FULL PRICE and
when it comes due-your machine is pretty much written off and worthless-but you
still could be making a final payment of $1500 or more.
Training-get it, and USE IT immediately. You CAN have the cost of going to
training,
airfare, hotel, etc. added onto your lease. I've done it several times.
Negotiate a real good deal for discounts, etc.-then add BACK into the package
the
costs to go to training-startup supplies, extra hoops, speedframe, etc. until
you
are back up to the 'full' price of the machine. Lease company will STILL give
you a lease
for the full amount but you now have covered several thousand dollars of
upfront expenses.
I did it with the digital printer/cutter we bought-negotiated $4,000 off the
price but then had
the dealer put back in enough supplies, artwork disks, etc. to bring it back up
and we didn't
have to spend any more money for almost 6 months.
Ed...you recommend the peggy stitch eraser...in my opinion-the most useless,
worthless,
over priced beard shaver on the market! We have not once ever gotten ours to do
even a
simple job-and shortly after we got it-found the exact same thing-yes, a beard
shaver, at
Big Lots for $9.95....
anyone want ours? I'm serious-it is such a useless thing that if you pay
postage I will GIVE
you ours. It's been sitting in the drawer for 2 years now collecting dust.
Trying to use it ruined
more garments faster than cutting stitches by hand ever did.
Only thing it did come in handy for was mowing down the fake fur for christmas
hats and
stockings until I decided using solvy was faster...

Roland

On Dec 4, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Kathy wrote:

Ed:

Thanks for the information, there are definately items on that list that I
didn't consider.   I have been embroidering for a few years on a smaller
machine, and I'm in a position that would be the best time for me to move up -
I was laid off and have several months severance.  I have some supplies right
now, and some of the other items covered.  I do need to speak with an
accountant to see when would be the best time to purchase the machine, since
it's the end of the year.

The deal that Melco is offering is 0% for 60 months with 15 or 20% down.  The
payment would be less than I was spending in gas to get to work.  This comes
with the digitizing software, 5000 stock designs, and 4 days training.

I saw the machine yesterday in a store environment, and was impressed.  I
already have several jobs waiting if I decide to do this.  I think the first
year would be the hardest, since I don't know much about the business side of
things.

Thanks again for your advice. I will keep it in mind when I make my final
decision.

Kathy