[access-uk] Re: mp3 recorders

  • From: "brian hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:06:22 +0100

No it is stereo.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:59 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: mp3 recorders

Steve, the Fostex FR2 LE in the pictures looksas if it will be no
bigger than the Edirol R1 was.

I must admit to being partial to XLR inputs as they allow of propper
phantom powering and thus a more usable range of high quality
microphones.

No doubt the likes of Niel Yewers will review this recorder very soon
now.

By the way, the edirol accessories, including their own external mic
are very widely available, as are quite a large range of Edirol
accessories.

Brian Hartgen is certainly right to remind us of the PTR2, though tell
me if I'm wrong, but I think the mic. input is mono only?  Must check
that out.

My personal view is that 192Kbs MP3 recording should be good enough
for voice recordings.  Music I'd prefer to record in wav format and,
with card prices having fallen so much, I don't see this as unuly
costly these days.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: