[access-uk] Re: help needed on the DDA

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:48:59 +0100

Hi Dj Paddy
>I'm shocked at the RNIB's response to Kevin.

Why?
They have said:
 "RNIB does not have anyone who can assist with employment law."

Do we really expect  RNIB to have a lawyer on its staff, to cover every
kind of legal issue!

and  the advice  seems reasonable that Kevin approach local Citizens
Advice Bureau, as they can assist with employment law.

This is surely  the point at issue here, a need for advice from someone
that is  *qualified* to  deal with employment law.

There is   nothing to stop Kevin make an  appointment with a solicitor,
take legal action against the  company if he is sure he has been
discriminated against.

There is no sense  RNIB  taking up  every DDA  case  because for one thing
there is no  certainty  of a win  and if one looses,
one has to pay  other sides costs.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx