[access-uk] Re: TVonics in administration

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:52:29 +0100

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Long, Alison <Alison.Long@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just wanted to clarify that the £1.7 million Steve Tyler referred to in his
> email was for all RNIB's activity around accessing TV and radio, and not just
> the Tvonics project.

In which case, I owe an apology for suggesting it was JUST Tvonics -
however, you can see why we all got the wrong end of the stick when
the original quote was:

> Tvonics have been supported by RNIB financially and with other expertise to
> deliver what they have;
> RNIB invested 1.7 million pounds in the delivery of a technical library.

I think I might have been putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 and a half.

I understand what's being said here, and I agree that in the context
of £119 million then £1.7 million isn't that much.
But just the same, £1.7m is still £1.7m of money which includes
donations and membership and that's still a heck of a lot for an
unspecified "technical library".