[access-uk] Re: TVonics in administration

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:41:42 +0100

Hi Eleanor

I don't want to get into a big debate about what happened as only RNIB
themselves can and probably will make a statement about it.  And Tris has
made some valid points about them wanting to perhaps stick to a smaller
player than go with one of the bigger outfits.

But many of us are members of RNIB and, therefore, do have some right to
ponder and even the need to know what they have spent that amount of money
on.

That doesn't detract from what the collaboration between RNIB and TVonics
has produced though.  It is a really good product, and I find it very
useful.  I don't record a lot, but the EPG is helpful, and the ability to
ascertain what channel you are on and the programme being shown make it so
much more accessible.  It's very unfortunate this has happened, and I hope
everyone who wants one will get a TVonics before they disappear.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns