[access-uk] Re: TVonics in administration

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:49:09 +0100

Hi Clive.

Don't be fooled, this is the second time TVonics has gone under and it'll probably be the last. That email was dated 2008 and I don't think Paul is on this list. Unfortunately as good as TVonics would seem to be, solely developing, marketing and producing set top boxes in today's highly competitive electronics industry just doesn't cut it. TVonics cant compete on price like Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Philips and a dozen others can, nor do they have the huge resources of these corporate conglomerates. I'm sorry to say that I think we're seeing the end of a very short lived but highly exciting era, lets just hope that the legacy lives on and that the ideas and concepts TVonics and RNIB developed together can bare fruit with other manufacturers in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, RNIB still have stock of the TVonics recorders though my understanding is once they're gone, they're gone so act now if you want to secure one.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Clive Pallett
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 5:34 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: TVonics in administration

Hello Paul,

thank you for your long and detailed e-mail.  It's good to hear TVonics has
been saved and can go on to produce TV equipment for the UK and European
markets. I'm sure I can speak for those who have bought your products this is
a great relief.

best wishes,

Clive pallett