[access-uk] TVonics in administration

  • From: Mark Magennis <Mark.magennis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:37:03 +0100

This is confirmed on the TVonics website. At the bottom of the home page it
says "Gary Bell of Bell Advisory Llp was appointed administrator to the company
on 12th June 2012. The affairs, business and property of the company are being
managed by the administrator who acts as an agent of the company and without
personal liability. Any person with an enquiry regarding the company's affairs
should write to Bell Advisory Llp".

I assume this is very bad news, but what does administration mean in practice?

Mark

On 18 Jun 2012, at 12:17, william lomas wrote:

>               such a shame
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Justin <justinmacleod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: (TAFN) the talking freeview recorders everyone's been talking about
>> Date: 18 June 2012 12:08:11 GMT+01:00
>> To: <tafn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As many of you will be aware the RNIB proudly announced its collaboration
>> with Tvonics to provide us with talking freeview recorders. However, I spoke
>> to someone associated with the company today and learned that the company
>> has gone into administration. Obviously this means stock levels are falling
>> fast and stand a good chance of never being replenished. Therefore anyone
>> interested in purchasing one of these Freeview recorders would be well
>> advised to contact the RNIB soon. From what I could understand, though I
>> could be mistaken, the stock held by Tvonics itself is already spoken for
>> unless that order falls through.
>>
>> This is a great shame and I hope the information is useful.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Justin

Follow us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ncbiworkingforpeoplewithsightloss
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss

Check-out NCBI's Micheal O Muircheartaigh appeal on the following link.
http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).

represent the views of NCBI