[access-uk] Re: Priority Uploads to RNIB Overdrive

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:35:24 +0000

Well a suggested process could be.

1. Members would look for a book  the  want to read  on the Overdrive Catalogue.
2. If the book is not there the member then checks the main Talking Book
Catalogue
3. If the book is in the main catalogue the member sends an email to
overdrive@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:overdrive@xxxxxxxxxxx> requesting that the book
be prioritised for upload. to the Overdrive Catalogue
4. Thisemail takes the details of the book and  is then added to a list passed
to the team  transferring content from the main catalogue.

Obviously I do not work in the team and am unaware of logistics  but have
managed many project over the years in various settings. It is unclear to me
why this is impossible to implement.

David Griffith