[access-uk] Re: Priority Uploads to RNIB Overdrive

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:21:38 +0000

Thanks for providing me with sight of this which was also invisible on my
system.

To respond   to Lisa’s post.
I do not  consider  it is appropriate to comment in detail on our
correspondence on list = but given  it has been raised . This email to me last
week said did not mention  February but the New Year.
However the wider principle   of refusing  to allow a priority  = system of
uploading   books for people who are waiting for books is worth of wider
discussion as this is presumably an issue of RNIB Overdrive policy.
The issue is not that books are being uploaded but that people like me have
been waiting since early November  for books to become available with no
promise that they be available until February. In other words there is
potentially a wait of 4 months for a book.
This I personally regard as unacceptable and unresponsive policy and ask that
it urgently be reviewed  in favour of responding to request for book uploads.

I am circulating this o n a wider forum as I am interested in the views of
other Visually Impaired people on this aspect of RNIB Overdrive Policy.

David Griffith
.