[access-uk] Re: Office 2007

  • From: "Terry Clasper" <terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:27:40 -0000

Debbie.
I moved to office 2007 with JAWS 8 a while ago.
Outlook was OK but word and other office apps very questionable.
However the good news is that with JAWS 9 things have moved forward tremendously. I don't think the learning curve is as steep as it perhaps first seems providing you can fairly quickly grasp central concepts such as the ribbon. Additionally if you know the office 2003 shortcut keys you can press these which at least in the first place reduces the learning curve to do things which you would have previously done in 2003.

As Steve Nutt said on this list a few days ago, Vista and office 2007 are here to stay so we may as well just get used to it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Debbie Palmer" <wadham.house@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>