[access-uk] Re: Office 2007

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:27:33 +0100

Thanks for this advice, DJ.   That is basically the conclusion I have  now
reached myself.  Having already had two heart attacks, I think that I might
be pushing my luck by attempting anything complicated in Word 2007 or
Excel 2007 at present.  I suppose that we all need to learn Office 2007
ultimately, but it will take some time.
It's a pity that Microsoft did not adopt something like the option of Classic
Start menu and Classic desktop in later versions of Windows to ease the
transition.

Douglas

On 29 Sep 2007 at 13:37, Dj Paddy wrote:

> Douglas,
>
> If you can put yourself in the position I believe the best place to be is
> use your legacy machine, eg with your fave version of office/windows to do
> everyday tasks and teach yourself how to use the newer stuff.
>
> IE.  Dont' use the new stuff for mission critical tasks because you'll get
> frustrated and it's not good for the blood pressure!
>
> Dj paddy

Douglas Harrison