[access-uk] Re: Office 2007

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:26:20 +0100

Doug,

        Jaws 8 works perfectly well with Office 2007. The problem isn't one
of accessibility, it's one of usability though.

        Office 2007 has changed completely. Menus go sideways instead of
down, all the functions have moved to different places, few of the old
shortcut keys still do the same job. In short, it's a tremendously steep new
learning curve.

        The worst of it is, that there doesn't seemto be any logical
thinking behind the change in interface. Microsoft will have you believe
it's good usability, but there's more than a little room for doubt on that
particular score. In time, we'll all get used to it, but there's something
faintly irritating about having to look in the help files each time you want
to carry out the most mundane of word processing task.

Regards,
Léonie.

--
http://www.tink.co.uk/