[access-uk] Re: New computer recomendations

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:52:13 -0000

Hi,

Yes the larger one came with XP Home.  Not sure what the model down came
with, but there were lots of models on there with varying operating
systems, so my suggestion is to look at the ones that come with XP Home.
In my opinion, unless you are doing stuff with TV tuners and the like,
you don't need MediaCentre edition, and the XP Home/Prof is still being
sold.

The site Adrian posted seemed slightly better value for money in terms
of customisation and the type of components shipped - I am not sure
which models of mobo were shipped with the unit we were looking at.

Andrew.