[access-uk] Re: New computer recomendations

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:39:34 -0000

Hi,

Those machines are definitely worth a second look - The Dell I was =
thinking about getting was similar specs but at around =A32,000.  I got =
this previous machine from Aria, and whilst they did the machine at a =
good price, their customer service isn't grate, so I was slightly =
nervous about buying from someone I didn't know.  I put several thousand =
quid through Dell every month through work, and have seen their new =
systems.  They are not perfect, but they are upgradable and do work =
well.  However, the same spec over on Dell is around =A32,000.00.  The =
machine you looked at (which would be the one I went for) came with XP =
Home, which would need to be changed in my case.  It also has in-built =
wireless, which is nice (though you can add it).  I may email customer =
services and ask how much an extra 2gb would cost and an upgrade to =
Windows XP Pro.

Andrew.