[access-uk] Re: BT Frustrations

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:54:02 +0100

DJ, I can only reflect on your BT blues by saying I think, like so
many large concerns now, they've cut the labour force to the bone and
its down to God's own time when - and if - things get fixed.

Two brief examples.

Friends of mine up north couldn't use there broadband and the phone at
the same time.  That went on for a couple of years, until general
digging up and lifting of many manhole covers and putting in new
stuff, resolved the problem and gave them better quality phone service
too.

My Mum was cut off by a local line failure for two weeks.  So were
many of her neighbours.  We kept complaining with no obvious result.
They said the phone had been reconnected.  No it hadn't, and it wasn't
the phone itself as they claimed.  The engineers had caused an
almighty tangle of crossed lines with people being connected to the
wrong numbers?

Does it have to be this bad?

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> We can't.
>
> My girlfriend started a friggin 18 month contract with them!
>
> Dj Paddy
> Ôà

Behalf
>> Of
>> Dj Paddy

>> Hi all.
>>
>> I am pulling my hair out here with BT.
>>
>> We're on option three of BT Broadband.
>>
>> Does anyone else ever get speeds like 50k of websites and then at
other
>> times get 4, 5, 600k of the same sites?
>>
>> I've been using this broadband help thing but the technicians are
wouful!

>> I have asked them the following question,
>>
>> "(11:42 03/06/2007): Hi, could you please tell me if my connection
is
>> being
>> throttled and if so where and why and if packet shaping is carried
out on
>> my
>> connection? I'm at a loss as to why I get 70k downloads from
websites
>> that I
>> should be getting alot faster speeds from. EG. sendspace.com,
especially
>> as
>> I am a premium member and they will deliver to me as fast as I can
>> download."
>>
>> I just keep getting all sorts of speed testing troubleshooting
steps,
>> pure
>> avoidence of my query.  The usual clearing temps, caches, yadda
yadda
>> yadaa.
>>
>> I actually said to the third person on the same case!
>> "I'm not answering your questions or carrying out any further
>> troubleshooting steps untill you answer my question about
throttling"

>> These people are useless, they sit there and follow they're little
>> knowledge
>> base's and click they're buttons for standard replys.
>>
>> Does anyone get speeds like the above?
>>
>> All our filters appear to be fine, we're not on an exstention etc.
>>
>> I think the speed drops are quite drastic, even if they do say the
server
>> is
>> busier at peak times.  I never seen anything like this with
NTL/Virgin
>> Media.
>>
>> I've now been just given they're tech support line to call, and
I've
>> asked
>> if the tech support personelle will have access to the massive log
I've