[access-uk] Re: BT Frustrations

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:04:23 +0100

Amro,

Exactly! As I was saying to my partner earlier, you're combining two different technologys. That as you say where never made to carry this amount of data.

I've even tryed fiddling with the MTU on my router to adjust the packet sizes and this isn't working.

I've even tryed disconnecting the connection via the routers interface to give the exchange a chance to reset properly.

None of this suggested or mentioned by BT's egyts.

The forum i posted the address for shades alot of light on the situation with DSL and 8MB.

I accept your not going to get 8MB from a http download, I accept you might be doing well to get 1.3mb or even 900K.

I draw the line once we drop below 100K let alone down as low as 7K at times!

When the tech support guy blamed our internal wiring, I wasn't long in telling him it was a BT line. Especially after he said I'd have to pay for an engineer to come out and check it!

It annoys me because there's folks out there that dont' know any better, and I think are frankly getting ripped off!

This isn't like the funky measurements in hard drive sizes, this is some drastic performance issues.

Dj Paddy
Fuming!
Ôà
----- Original Message ----- From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>