[24hoursupport] Re: Windows XP Questions

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:17:28 -0400

The answer to this is _supposed_ to be via the Tools>Folder Options>Apply
to all Folders (after setting the present one the way you want). But it
doesn't work for me either in the darned file *requesters* which is driving
me crazy. I'd settle for a solution that would simply disable ALL
thumbnails, and I suspect it can be done via command line but I'm not sure
exactly how.

>First, is there any way to completely turn off the thumbnailing function in
>Explorer? I have had it turned off in my normal image storage directories,
>but starting tonight for some reason some of the folders are again
>automatically creating thumbnails. I have image viewing and cataloging
>software that does a much better job and don't want or need thumbnails in
>Explorer just wasting disk storage space.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at