[24hoursupport] Re: Windows XP Questions

  • From: "Hugh Vandervoort" <hughv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 02:02:58 -0400

I misunderstood your question. When I use Explorer to open a folder, the
settings (details. list, etc. are retained. Using the "Open" dialogue from
an application is another matter, especially for system folders such as My
Pictures.
Annoyances.org has a good solution at:
(3 suggested solutions-too long to include here.)
Although I find the thumbnail view very helpful, it's annoying that MS
thinks they know best in such situations.
Actually, I've been told to try the opposite to ensure that ALL folders
will be set the same way - i.e., with no thumbnails. With this option on,
you'd have to change all of them individually.

But it doesn't work either way for me. e.g. MS Paint - try to open a file -
I *always* start with a thumbnail view. I can change it to List, but the
next time I open it it's back to thumbnails. VERY annoying.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at