Re: Setup routine for new / returning users

  • From: Fred Weiner <fw1948@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:29:13 -0700

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:50 AM, <cld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And thank you, Fred, for pointing out the glitch. As an alternative to
> launching XyWrite with the Editor command, the download now includes a BATch
> file (EDIT.BAT) that forces the DOS session into a 25x80 display before
> starting XyWrite, so that the two screen sizes (DOS and Xy default) are
> congruent. Of course, the user can always adjust these to taste.

Carl,

I'm hoping you will help with a couple of other problems I've run into:

1. Trouble loading STACKAUX from STARTUP.INT, to allow the stack to carry
over between sessions. What I had plugged into INT, directly under your
command JM 2.Stack.intQ2, is:

<<SV50,RC:MY.STK>>JM 2.STACKAUXQ2

followed by a few commands in the form <<SV627,YMca/100 filename>>$S where
"Y" is actually the Japanese yen sign (I think); these place a few common
commands to call files in the stack with each session (I learned this by
watching RH's video on XyWritizing NoteBene). These work fine once I take
the STACKAUX line out, but while it's in there it screws up the PP table
which loads subsequently so that SETP no longer works properly. Is it
possible to carry over the stack with the configuration as you have designed
it (I'll bet it is!)?

2. A triviality: the cmline has two semicolons (;;) left on it after INT is
processed. I combed through INT without being able to find out why.

As always, thanks for your help.

FW.