[windows2000] Re: How to tighten up your network - suggestions

  • From: Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:38:09 +0000

You are never going to be able to plug all the holes, they are
inventive too. They are never going to see it the same way as adults
treat a corporate network, and they won't treat it the same way.

They are going to attempt to break in, curiosity killed the cat and
all that.... Nothing you can do to stop it. Keep the kids onside, and
let them do it, just make sure your their friend and they will come
bounding over when they have something that works.

Oh, turn off the scheduler. Keep your patches up to date. (That's the
one that caught me)

Berny

//www.freelists.org/list/windows2000