Re: getting things moving (was Re: Proportional fonts)

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:35:35 -0000

Mark H. Wilkinson <mhw+wily@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm; I'm not familiar with arch, so would have a preference for a CVS
> repository. Are there sites offering free arch-hosting, or does that
> concept not make sense?

Not really.  ArX and tla (gnu-arch is tla, I think) can put remote
mirrors onto FTP, SFTP, WebDAV sites, I believe.  You can download
from those, or plain HTTP.  I don't currently run any public archives,
so I just use a common filesystem.  It should all be on the tutorial
for tla.

Compare and contrast with CVS, that requires a single centralised
server (or some nasty hacks) and misses some features such as
renames and atomic commits.  It's really worth switching, even
though the arch docs aren't as polished as CVS's.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@xxxxxxxxx