Re: getting things moving (was Re: Proportional fonts)

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:21:50 -0000

ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ah, are you developing other source code control systems?
> hm. that may be a problem.

That depends if you care about easy merging of my changes (whatever they
may be).  But, yes, Larry has been throwing tacks on the road.

> i'm not going to argue this at length, as it is only an idea at present.

That's fine.  It's all data collection to me.

> [...] it probably has
> the best merge/conflict resolution in the business, something i find very
> important.

Does it do something different to the normal "common ancestor" method?
Are there public descriptions?

> [...] [you see, one
> reason people keep using cvs is that they don't have to argue about the
> next best thing they want to use; they all agree about the mediocrity
> of what they have that more or less works... :)]

Yes, I'm always amazed that these people bothered learning to walk,
instead of just agreeing about the problems of crawling ;-)