Re: getting things moving (was Re: Proportional fonts)

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:52:35 -0000

ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i have been interested in getting wily (all versions + 9libs)
> under bitkeeper... (both tom lord and larry mcvoy are friends
> but bk has been more convincing... it helps linux uses it
> too...)

I understand that use of the zero-cost version of bitkeeper would prevent
those of us (eg me) who develop other revision control systems from
using it.  Not to mention the other problems I have with non-free code.
Finally, is the zero-cost bk is also another central-server system?

How have you found it more convincing?  I think the competition will be
between svn and arch (and new things, possibly) in the long term, not bk.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@xxxxxxxxx
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884