[triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:49:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/2001 12:33:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Seems like it ought to be always dial my default connection.
> I am having a little problem connecting thought this might be the problem.

that button will always sign you on immediately wheever any work you are
doing may want to connect to the internet.... can be troublesome as it is
saying that is all you want to do is immediatley get connected..... if you
are having connection problems  it may be due to phone line disturbances or
system problems with your isp..you can go to control panel and clcik on the
modem icon... then use that area to do diagnostics of your modem... it may
also require an update for your modem as many times changes are made to
telephone systems or isp systems that have been changed and you need to get
updates for your modem to fix the problems....
      again .. may be just the phone system... for instance here with our
phone system..... it is a private phone company with about 450 customers...
and I think it is all run over barbed wire,string,tin cans and paper
cups....and then we conncet thru them to Southwestern Bell Systems..... so
when I connect it may be anywheres from 24,000 to 41.666 and only on 41,666
if its a terrific day... like maybe once a week.... additionally... the
wiring in your home may be bad,loose connections or like here.. if they get
wet.. forget it... phone sounds like frying bacon.... all have to do with
your connecting ....lots to check out....     Chuck... in Ok

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi