[triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

  • From: Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:31:38 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChasM49@xxxxxxx>
To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 12:49 PM
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

> In a message dated 8/6/2001 12:33:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
> jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > Seems like it ought to be always dial my default connection.
> > I am having a little problem connecting thought this might be the
problem.

 phone system..... it is a private phone company with about 450 customers...
> and I think it is all run over barbed wire,string,tin cans and paper
> cups....and then we conncet thru them to Southwestern Bell Systems..... so
> when I connect it may be anywheres from 24,000 to 41.666 and only on
41,666
> if its a terrific day... like maybe once a week.... additionally... the
> wiring in your home may be bad,loose connections or like here.. if they
get
> wet.. forget it... phone sounds like frying bacon.... all have to do with
> your connecting ....lots to check out....     Chuck... in Ok
> Juanita Wrote
> Chuck you made my day. I didn't know anyone but the county I live in can
hardly use you phone when it rains. But last week they just got through
laying brand new lines put a new box on everyones house that you can put 6
lines in your house if you want. That is when my problem started. I was
getting 49300bps. Now I only get 24-26000. I live witnin one mile of two
different long distances lines. So I got circle dialing. When they put the
new line in I could not even connect to my local isp. They had me change my
dialup number to one of the ajoining towns which is causing me to use my
circle dialing to connect. I called them this morning and complained. They
are suppose to come check it out today. I ask them the question. What if I
discontunie circle dialing, then what?
It is nice to live in the country,but it sure don't do anything for
computers. By the way I have a new modem. About 3 months old.
Guess I will have to correct this through the telephone company and not
triadtechtalk. You did give me some insight though.
Thanks
Juanita

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi