[triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

  • From: Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:08:49 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChasM49@xxxxxxx>
To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 2:03 AM
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

> In a message dated 8/6/2001 4:13:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
> jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > What chance is it that we will ever have the oppurinity to have a
satilite
> > of our own that will give us good service for computers like we have for
tv
> > now?
> > >

> who is your telephone service?.. something doesnt sound right here.... we
are
> having fiber being installed here now.... and it has been installed in the
> city of Lawton... the restrictions being that if you are 3 miles form the
> swithching station then you have problems.... and I doubt that those"big
> boxes" are switching stations... a switch station is a buidling.. a BIG
> buidling... the people who are doing the installation are simply a
contractor
> service to install the cable.... in other words.. hole diggers..... talk
> your telephone service providor.. not someone who is a shovel holder like
the
> highway department has along the roads.... they will tell you the full
> story.... fiber optics is not just going to be used for telephone and pc..
it
> also will be used for tv and a slew of other services... and no telephone
> company is going to invest millions without any gain..... so think you
have
> been feed something along a line called bs.. or"dont know"... we are
getting
> the same boxes.. but they are the box that converts the fiber back to
coper
> lines....... also you do have to have good old fashoined POTS wireing to
your
> home... in other words.. plain old telephone system wires... if its been
cut
> or is old it can efffect the way fiber works..... additionally any of the
> suppsoed "dsl providors" are the exact same thing as the "long distance"
> providors.. all they are doing is renting the lines from your telephone
> providor and selling that space to you and calling it competiton..... no
> matter what name they use.... in fact you can become a dsl providor if you
> buy the time from your telephone providor and then can sell it  to anyone
in
> your area.... heck.. we have a co op electric company here seling isp
> services.... and everyone thinks they are getting a deal since its cheaper
> than using any of the major isp services.. but.. still goes thru Medicine
> Park Telephone Company to Southwestern Bell to connect.. so is no
> different.same old switching net and no increase in speed ...and all over
the
> country is the same way.. no diff.. just all out for the buck is
all....onlky
> real expert is yuor telephone company and theyt dont tell the truth half
the
> time..... as I have said before get a copy of the rules and laws for your
> state about telephone servie and slap them around n someones desk at your
> local service office.... bet you find a grand difference in service......
> more and more people need to be doing that.... get this country back on
> track..... Chuck.... in Ok
>
> Chuck where do you get the rules for your state? I agree with everything
you are saying. I talked with one of  the men that put the new wire down
yesterday. He said the new wire that comes to my house is copper just like
the old wire was. All the other is fiber.
I can now understand what David was talking about.
I haven't thought about it,but you are right. There is no way Franklin
Telephone spent that much money for nothing.
I think I understand what you are saying about being switched to another
service once you get on line. I know the more customers telepak  gets the
more servers they have to have.Telepak has about thirty now. When I first
got my computer they refered to them as their long distance carriers. I take
it telepak has to pay a fee to each of these carriers.
Juanita

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi