[triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

  • From: Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:31:11 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChasM49@xxxxxxx>
To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 3:44 PM
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Options

> In a message dated 8/6/2001 2:14:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
> jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > Guess I will have to correct this through the telephone company and not
> >

> can always do like I did..... went and got me a copy of the Oklahaoma
State
> Corporation rules for telephone service and visited my local phone
office...
> got my line fixed in two days when I first moved out here.... at that time
> couldnt even connect at all and when I did was no faster than 14.4 and
that
> was late 1997.,,, we are now getting fiber optics laid so will improve and
> they have told me that  I am one of a few who will be provided with the
dsl
> system as soon as connected up so they can get it all working properly....
> lol. so a bit of complaining with some paper in hand does pay off ...and
cant
> wait until it happens...did the download for Winxp RC2 .. 499.66 megabytes
> was 56 hours... . Chuck.. in Ok
>
> I hope yours don't turn out like mine.I stoped and talked with the guys
that were hooking up the new lines to the big boxes that you see that are
about 3 miles apart. I ask about the fiber optic wire. They said when I make
a call it will not hit the fiber optic lines until it reaches one of those
boxes. I ask about ever getting dsl. They  said it would never happen as far
out as I live. They said I would have to have a box as big as the one that
are 3 miles apart for my house alone. The real bad news , he said it would
cost many many thousands of bucks to do it in the first place.
It doesn't make sense that since they put new lines all the way to the house
it want be fiber optic until the call hits the large box.
What chance is it that we will ever have the oppurinity to have a satilite
of our own that will give us good service for computers like we have for tv
now?

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi