[THIN] Re: VMWare ESX

  • From: "Claudio Rodrigues" <crodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:07:27 -0500

Well I think the key thing is if you have the servers running in VMWare
instances you can even move the virtual server to a different hardware
without disconnecting users or disrupting anything. So I guess it is a
tradeoff between performance and uptime. With VMWare you may get less
users per VM in a quad then two real duals but with multiple VMs you
will be able to do tricks like that, what is not possible with real
servers. :-)