[THIN] Re: VMWare ESX

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:55:20 -0400

I also believe 10:1 is stretching it...but I've NEVER known a sales rep
to exaggerate   ;)

I'd _guess_ that a HP DL360 G3 with dual processors and 4 GB of RAM
could safely do a 4:1 ratio.  My servers get hit pretty hard...40-50
users concurrent with over 60 different published apps.

  _____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
 <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx