[THIN] VMWare ESX

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:25:06 -0400

Hello, we are looking at VMWare ESX.  I just got out of a meeting with them
and I was just wondering what any of you can tell me from your experience to
expect as a general rule of consolidation with Citrix boxes.  Right know we
have 6 duals, with 2 gb of RAM, and are getting about 30 users per box.  If
we were to go with ESX, how many servers should we plan on consolidating to?
Have any of you guys done something like this recently?  We were told in the
meeting that we could go anywhere in the vicinity of 6:1 to even 10:1.  That
seems a bit much to me, do any of you have any good VMWare consolidation
stories for me?

Thanks in advance,

/jL