[THIN] Page file max out

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:47:59 -0500

Hi list,

I've been having this problem for a long time but it is gettting worse now.

Every so often I have all 3 citrix servers in the farm maxed out completely
and not accepting new connections. CMC shows normal CPU and memory usage
(15-30%) and Page Swaps 100%. THis state lasts for 2-30 min with servers
going down in page swaps a bit and then back up to 100%. The usually all 3

All 3 servers are under Advanced load evaluator.
2 servers are older Intel dual PIII 1.5GHz 2Gb RAM, hardware  RAID 5 and 1
is HP DL 380 dual PIII 2.5 GHz, hardware RAID 5 and 2Gb RAM as well. All
servers are W2K Server SP4, Citrix MF XP FR3. McAfee 7.1 is the antivirus.

I wonder what Citrix CMC uses as Page Swap counter. How can I track down the
application that is doing it to me? Anybody has a suggestion which counters
to use in Windows Performance Monitor to find it?

Thanks in advance,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

http://www.seamlessplanet.com