[TechAssist] Re: computer question how do i secure my computer from hackers

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Damon <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:15:48 -0800

I can't really say they suck. I'm just surprised that quite few people
insist that Norton is so good (used to have a much higher rating) and
for a couple years the ratings at CNET have been awful. I have had
really good luck using programs which do have a great rating.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. If Norton is working for you,
that's good.

I don't like Consumer Reports ratings either. They usually only pick
one model of each brand of TV (or whatever), and that's not very
scientific. Not to mention that each TV manufactured does not always
perform identically. And do they adjust the background color as
needed before rating it?

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546